Network Security Journal
Acquisition of Information
Tippit collects information from you in the following ways:
Use of Information
- User supplied information: Our registration process requires your e-mail address. In addition, our registration process allows you to provide the following information at your option: personal name, title, address, phone number, company name, and the technologies you are interested in. From time to time, we may request additional information.
- Cookies: Our Sites uses "cookies," small files that are sent to your browser and stored on your hard drive. A cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information, but it does enable Tippit to record how and when you use the Site. It is possible to configure your browser to reject cookies by modifying the browser settings or preferences.
We may use the information we collect as follows:
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- The non-personally identifiable information that Tippit collects is used to better target content in an effort to create a more relevant experience for every user. The information is also used to predict responses to offers and advertisements, and to help determine which ads perform best and which content is most appropriate for different individuals.
- If you choose to provide Tippit with personally identifiable information, we may utilize such information for marketing purposes, and this use may result in follow-up communications from Tippit and our clients. In addition, that information may be combined with information collected from other sources to assist with targeting content to your preferences.
All personally identifiable information you provide is maintained in confidence by Tippit. There are cases where your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information is shared with third parties, as described below:
- Your non-personally identifiable data may be shared with third-party partners of Tippit on an anonymous basis.
- When you request information from Tippit or one or more of our clients, we may transfer that information within Tippit or route your information to our client(s) so that they may provide the information that you requested. We may also disclose information to a third party who provides substantially similar services as the original service about which you requested more information. In such situations, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In addition to the above situations where your information may be shared with others, there is also the possibility that Tippit, or part(s) of the company, may one day be purchased by, or merged with, another company. In the event of such transaction, the acquiring (or merging) company will have access to all collected personally identifiable information.
- Tippit may share your information as necessary to comply with a court order or to cooperate as legally required with government and law enforcement officials.
Tippit would like to maintain the accuracy of your personally identifiable information. Should you need to update or correct your information, please send changes to the address below.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of personally identifiable information, we have put in place reasonable safeguards to secure the information we collect online.
Your California Privacy Rights
Beginning January 1, 2005, California passed legislation requiring certain disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet to provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. California residents may request information about whether the business has disclosed personally identifiable information to third parties and may also request that this information not be shared. If you are a California resident, you may request this at the address below.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Tippit websites are not directed at children under thirteen years of age, and Tippit does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from such individuals.
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy or security policies, or if you wish to opt-out or have your information removed from our database, please feel free to contact us at:
514 Bryant Street
San Francisco, CA 94107